What? you may ask? You wrote your thesis for your Master's Degree over South Africa?? Yep. I SURE DID. Because I'm freakishly obsessed with the country. In 2007, I lived like 3 km away from the border. So, I would go to Rustenburg, Pilansburg. Fell in LOVE with the country that is....because let's remember that I fall in love with countries more than men. Started picking up Afrikaans. Thus, wrote my thesis over this country that had such a grasp on me.
But then, I went to Liberia and loved West Africa- which then stole my heart- but if you're looking for the amenities,+beauty+Africans- that would be the one and only South Africa.
So i arrived in Durban WITHOUT my luggage- the only bad thing about the entire trip! So I found Amanda and her friend Megan and we waited around and shopped a bit in the airport until the next flight showed up AGAIN without my baggage. So we went to our bed and breakfast. The next day- we went to Mugg and Bean- yummm, and then I of course bought some biltong. Got my luggage- yay!!! Then we went to the Indian Ocean! So, even though it was dreary, I had to stick my feet in. So I could officially check off the Indian Ocean along with the Pacific Ocean and Atlantic. Only the Arctic remains!!
Then we made it to Swaziland. Poor Amanda was rushing to get back because I had a job interview on Skype at a certain time that got moved up- but we made it! We also found Debonairs- my favourite pizza that I love- mostly because there isn't sauce on it. Had it when I was working in Botswana. oh, sooooo good. Today was kind of a lazy day- since I think jet lag finally went away and I could sleep and boy...did i sleep. So, that's the update from Durban to Swazi- I'll try to blog one more time before I leave at the end of next week- practicing to become better at blogging....but we all know how that might go.
Til next time,
Patty
No comments:
Post a Comment